Fight subterranean and dry wood termites with termite treatments in San Pedro CA
Termites will literally eat your property from the inside out if you aren’t vigilant. Termite treatments in San Pedro CA can help you fight back against termites, killing ones already present and/or preventing future infestations. You can count on the licensed professionals from Escocia Termite to recommend the correct treatments for your property and apply them effectively.
Get an Inspection First
The first step to getting termite treatments in San Pedro CA is to get a termite inspection. This is important for several reasons. Firstly, an inspection will tell you whether you have dry wood or subterranean termites or both. Also, you need to determine the extent and location of any termite damage. Both of these factors will influence which termite treatments you should use.
Options for Termite Treatments in San Pedro CA
The three main options for termite treatments in San Pedro CA are fumigation, XT 2000 Orange Oil Plus treatment, and local treatment.
Fumigations: Fumigations involve sealing off a building and eliminating termites with Vikane gas. Fumigations are effective against dry wood termites and offer the following benefits:
- Kills termites throughout the entire building
- Cost-effective for extensive infestations
- Safe when proper protocols are followed
- Leaves no toxic residues or by-products behind
- Plus, you use a product made from a renewable resource – citrus rinds!
- Affordable, and can be used to treat your home without tenting. SAVE money in not having to discard food, medicines, plant damage, boarding pets or your entire family
Local Treatments: If you have subterranean termites, you will need local treatments because these termites don’t live in wood and can escape from fumigations or XT 2000 Orange Oil Plus treatments. A local treatment can include a poison to kill termites already present or a repellent to deter visiting termite scouts. Benefits include:
- Poison bait can kill a whole colony if found by just one scout
- Local treatments can prevent future infestations
- Local treatments are the only method of killing subterranean termites
A combination of these termite treatments may be required to effectively eliminate termites from your property. Ask your Escocia Termite inspector for details.