Fight subterranean and dry wood termites with termite treatments in Rancho Palos Verdes CA
Termites feed on wood in your home or business, potentially causing very costly damages. Fortunately, you can exterminate any termites that might already be inside the building and prevent reinfestations using termite treatments in Rancho Palos Verdes CA. You can count on the licensed professionals from Escocia Termite to recommend the correct treatments for your property and apply them effectively.
Get an Inspection First
Getting a termite inspection prior to any termite treatments in Rancho Palos Verdes CA is necessary for two main reasons. First, the inspection will reveal whether you have dry wood or subterranean termites. Secondly, the inspection will help determine the extent of the damage the termites have done to your wood. Both of these factors will influence which termite treatments you should use.
Options for Termite Treatments in Rancho Palos Verdes CA
The three main options for termite treatments in Rancho Palos Verdes CA are fumigation, XT 2000 Orange Oil Plus treatment, and local treatment.
Fumigations involve sealing off a building and eliminating termites with Vikane gas. Dry wood termites can be eliminated using fumigation. You’ll also enjoy other benefits:
- Kills termites throughout the entire building
- Cost-effective for extensive infestations
- Safe when proper protocols are followed
- Leaves no toxic residues or by-products behind
- Plus, you use a product made from a renewable resource – citrus rinds!
- Affordable, and can be used to treat your home without tenting. SAVE money in not having to discard food, medicines, plant damage, boarding pets or your entire family
Local treatments are used to control subterranean termite populations. These termites don’t live in wood but return to nests in the soil after feeding. A local treatment can include a poison to kill termites already present or a repellent to deter visiting termite scouts. Benefits include:
- Poison bait can kill a whole colony if found by just one scout
- Local treatments can prevent future infestations
- Local treatments are the only method of killing subterranean termites
Often, more than one type of treatment is recommended for maximum effectiveness against termites. Ask your Escocia Termite inspector for details.