Fight subterranean and dry wood termites with termite treatments in Gardena CA
Termites feed on wood in your home or business, potentially causing very costly damages. Thankfully, you can count on termite treatments in Gardena CA to help you exterminate termites and prevent them from returning. The licensed professionals at Escocia Termite can provide the treatments you need to enjoy a termite-free property.
Get an Inspection First
Before you can choose your termite treatments in Gardena CA, you need to get a professional termite inspection. This is important for two reasons. First of all, you need to establish which type of termites you have, dry wood or subterranean. Second, you need an inspection in order to pinpoint the locations of termite damage to your property. Both of these factors will influence which termite treatments you should use.
Options for Termite Treatments in Gardena CA
The three main options for termite treatments in Gardena CA are fumigation, XT 2000 Orange Oil Plus treatment, and local treatment.
Fumigations: Fumigations involve sealing off a building and eliminating termites with Vikane gas. Dry wood termites can be eliminated using fumigation. Benefits of fumigation include:
- Kills termites throughout the entire building
- Cost-effective for extensive infestations
- Safe when proper protocols are followed
- Leaves no toxic residues or by-products behind
- Plus, you use a product made from a renewable resource – citrus rinds!
- Affordable, and can be used to treat your home without tenting. SAVE money in not having to discard food, medicines, plant damage, boarding pets or your entire family
Local Treatments: Local treatments are used to control subterranean termite populations. These termites don’t live in wood but return to nests in the soil after feeding. Local treatments consist of a poison or repellant to keep termites away from your home. Benefits include:
- Poison bait can kill a whole colony if found by just one scout
- Local treatments can prevent future infestations
- Local treatments are the only method of killing subterranean termites
Often, more than one type of treatment is recommended for maximum effectiveness against termites. Ask your Escocia Termite inspector for details.