Fight subterranean and dry wood termites with termite treatments in Torrance CA
You might have termites feasting on the wood inside your walls and not even know it. Termite treatments in Torrance CA can help you fight back against termites, killing pests already present and/or preventing future infestations. At Escocia Termite, we have a team of licensed professional termite inspectors and fumigators to provide all the termite treatments you might need.
Get an Inspection First
Getting a termite inspection prior to any termite treatments in Torrance CA is necessary for two main reasons. First, the inspection will reveal whether you have dry wood or subterranean termites. Also, you need to determine the extent and location of any termite damage. Both of these factors will influence which termite treatments you should use.
Options for Termite Treatments in Torrance CA
When it comes to termite treatments in Torrance CA, you may need fumigation, XT 2000 Orange Oil Plus treatment, local treatment, or a combination of all three.
Fumigations: A fumigation requires you to leave your property for 3 days and 2 nights while Vikane gas is used to kill termites. Dry wood termites can be eliminated using fumigation. Benefits include:
- Kills termites throughout the entire building
- Cost-effective for extensive infestations
- Safe when proper protocols are followed
- Leaves no toxic residues or by-products behind
- Plus, you use a product made from a renewable resource – citrus rinds!
- Affordable, and can be used to treat your home without tenting. SAVE money in not having to discard food, medicines, plant damage, boarding pets or your entire family
Local Treatments: Local treatments are used to control subterranean termite populations. These termites don’t live in wood but return to nests in the soil after feeding. Local treatments consist of a poison or repellant to keep termites away from your home. Benefits include:
- Poison bait can kill a whole colony if found by just one scout
- Local treatments can prevent future infestations
- Local treatments are the only method of killing subterranean termites
Often, more than one type of treatment is recommended for maximum effectiveness against termites. Ask your Escocia Termite inspector for details.